Skrill is an online wallet that you can use to transfer money and make online purchases. You can use it to make online deposits, send money to friends and relatives, trade forex and gamble online. Skrill offers virtual cards that you can use for online purchases using the money in your Skrill account. You can set the period at which you want the virtual card to remain active. This makes it more secure compared to the physical card. However, it can only be used online and you cannot use it in ATMs to withdraw money. This article will show you how to get a Skrill card.
To create a Skrill virtual card, you need to apply online. To get started, login into your Skrill account, locate and click the Skrill Virtual Cards section and then select “Add Card”. You will be directed to a page with a form. Fill in the details and in the currency section, make sure to select the currency you normally use. In this case, it is advisable to select the currency in your account. It will save you the cost of converting currency whenever you are shopping.
After creating a virtual Skrill card, a 16-digit number will be generated. It will appear on the screen together with a Security Code (CVV) and the expiry date. You will be using the 16 digit number and the CVV to make payments.
Skrill virtual card is only available to customers within the EU or SEPA region. If you are from a country outside of the region, there is no option in your account to order the virtual card. Note that you cannot use Skrill virtual MasterCard offline like withdrawing cash on ATMs.
Skrill virtual MasterCard is free to all customers and it does not have additional charges. However, if you are making purchases in a different currency other than the one you use in your account, currency conversion fees will apply.
- Currency conversion attracts 3.99% fees
- 10 EUR annually service fees
Getting balance inquiries, online statements, requesting PIN, receiving cash and making online purchases are all free. Getting the first virtual card is free, to get an extra one, you need to pay 2.50 EUR.
The Skrill virtual MasterCard has varying limits depending on currency type.
- 6,3000 EUR
- 23,000 PLN
- 4,550 GBP
- 7,000 USD
The Skrill virtual card can only be used online. The card is produced, received and used digitally. You will be using the 16-digits number, the CVV ad the expiry date to make digital payments. This is how you can use the Skrill virtual card online.
- Make online payments. You can use t to make secure payments for goods and services. You do not have to submit a physical debit or credit card. However, you can only use the virtual card where the merchant accepts your card. For example, if you have Skrill virtual MasterCard, you can only use it where the merchant accepts MasterCard payments.
- Budget effectively. The Skrill virtual card allows you to use the money that you have uploaded to your card online. This means that you can easily monitor your spending. The card is not linked to your bank account, therefore ensuring that you can only use funds that you have uploaded to the virtual card.
- Spend any time and anyhow. You can use the Skrill virtual cards almost anywhere since it is available for both MasterCard and Visa. The two are readily available for many merchants, allowing one to spend wherever.
- Make fast payments. Skrill virtual card payments are fast and instant. You do not have to wait for some days to have the payment approved.
Skrill card is a Virtual Prepaid Card as it makes use of funds in your Skrill wallet. This means you won’t need a credit check to get your Skrill virtual prepaid card. With a virtual prepaid card, you will be using your Skrill wallet balance whenever you will be making payments. It is available to customers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
With a Skrill virtual card, you can buy all sorts of products online from stores such as EBay, Amazon, AliExpress, DHgate.com, Steam, and PokerEnergy.net.
Remember that to get the Skrill virtual card, you must be a resident of the EU member states or the SEPA region. You can order the card online from your Skrill account by filling in the personal details. The card is generated online and you will get a 16 digit number, CVV and expiry date, all of which you will be using to make online purchases.