What is YouHodler?
YouHodler is a Swiss-based company that offers crypto-backed loans for fiat currency (USD, EUR, CHF, GBP). In addition, its crypto interest account enables you to earn up to 12.7% YouHodler interest rate on your. cypto savings.
What are the YouHodler features?
- YouHodler offers integration with an evolving list of stablecoins and other cryptocurrencies.
- YouHodler MultiHODL is a feature that allows you to automate the process of taking out a series of loans and using the borrowed funds to buy more crypto.
- Multiple fiat payment methods are available.
- You can exchange fiat for cryptocurrency.
- You have the option to receive crypto backed loans by using your cryptocurrency as collateral.
- The platform comes with a high-yielding and beneficial cryptocurrency savings account.
How YouHodler works
To use YouHodler, you will need to create an account and deposit funds. You can deposit funds in fiat currencies, stablecoins, and other cryptocurrencies. Once you have deposited funds, you can start using YouHodler’s services. If you want to take out a loan, you will need to deposit a certain amount of crypto as collateral. You can then use the borrowed funds for whatever you want.
If you want to earn interest on your crypto, you can deposit your crypto into a savings account. YouHodler will then pay you interest on your deposits at the applicable interest rate. If you want to trade cryptocurrencies, you can use the YouHodler exchange. The YouHodler exchange offers a variety of trading pairs, including fiat-to-crypto, crypto-to-crypto, and stablecoin-to-stablecoin pairs.
YouHodler provides clients with a custodial cryptocurrency wallet that offers safe and efficient use of its services. You can access the services at any time on your mobile device through YouHodler app. The wallet allows you to convert, store, or exchange your cryptocurrency to fiat. Furthermore, if you are investing cryptocurrency to earn interest on YouHodler, you will receive your interest directly in your wallet. Most notably, the YouHodler wallet supports not only digital currencies but also fiat.
A custodial wallet like YouHodler wallet is a crypto wallet in which the private keys are held by a third party and the crypto owner does not have full control of their cryptos. For this reason, it is strongly advised to store your cryptocurrencies in noncustodial wallets such as Muun, Phoenix, and Samourai. Noncustodial wallets give you full control over your private keys, which means that you are the only one who can access your funds.
How do you earn interest in cryptocurrencies?
One healthy way to pursue financial stability is by generating a regular return through your financial assets. When it comes to cryptocurrencies, you can sit tight in the hope that an increase in value occurs. Also, you can trade actively on a swing trading basis or a day trading. Those are the main options you have at your disposal for increasing your investment value. However, the options can be problematic for you.
For instance, if you are looking to trade cryptocurrencies actively, you need to have proper knowledge of online trading, chart reading and technical analysis. Learning these skills requires time and commitment, which might not be at your disposal. Again, you may not know when strictly a new bull market will come up if you are looking to trade your cryptocurrencies. While your investment is sitting idly in your wallet, some opportunities might pass you.
Luckily, YouHodler helps you earn interest on your cryptocurrency by generating active earning all through. Instead of just storing your financial assets in your personal wallet, YouHodler provides the opportunity to make interest on your cryptocurrency without necessarily having to trade or sell them. Here is how it works:
- Deposit 2 BTC at YouHodler.
- You can decide to loan the coins out for 30 days.
- You will earn an annual interest rate of 4.8%.
- Once the 30-day period is over, you will have your 2 BTC back inclusive of the earned interest.
How do you benefit from opening a YouHodler savings account?
A YouHodler savings account provides you with a stress-free means to earn through your cryptocurrencies. Here are the benefits of the savings account:
- You can make minimum deposits starting from $100 depending on your choice of cryptocurrency.
- The online platform enables you to have access to your funds 24/7.
- You can make withdrawals and deposits with no steps required.
- The platform does not charge you additional fees for withdrawals.
- You will find unique features such as YouHodler Multi HODL and YouHodler Turbocharge.
- While the platform can provide you with a minimum loan amount of $100 against your crypto savings, you benefit from a high loan-to-value ratio of a maximum of 90%.
However, it would help if you met the following conditions for you to benefit from the YouHodler savings account.
- You must wait until the end of the week to withdraw funds, for you to earn your weekly interest. In case you withdraw earlier, your week’s interest will be unaccounted for.
- You can make additional deposits of cryptocurrencies through the week. However, the additional amount will be counted towards the following week’s interest.
- There are no restrictions towards withdrawing your weekly interest once it matures. However, if you hold your interest in the account, it allows you to earn compound interest subsequently.
What are the steps to opening a YouHodler savings account?
- On the section of your YouHodler savings account, click on the “savings” section.
- Choose the cryptocurrency that you prefer and press “add funds”. Afterward, this section avails the saving terms, annual earnings, interest rates and more.
- Once you add the funds, you will start receiving weekly earnings in terms of profit.
- You can check your earnings by clicking on the earned page.
YouHodler interest rates
YouHodler offers a variety of interest rates on its crypto savings accounts. The interest rate you earn will depend on the type of cryptocurrency you deposit, the amount of your deposit, and the length of your deposit term. Here are some of the current interest rates on YouHodler’s crypto savings accounts:
YouHodler Supported Countries
YouHodler services are available in most countries around the world. YouHodler does not support a few countries around the world due to sanctions or other regulatory reasons.
Some of YouHolder services incur fees, while some are free. Some of the fees involved are as follows.
YouHodler deposit fees
|0 (except USD SWIFT – 25 USD fee per deposit, EUR SWIFT – 25 EUR fee per deposit)
|Credit card (loan repayment)
|4.7% (1 USD/EUR minimum)
YouHodler minimum deposit by crypto is 5 USD in crypto equivalent, by bank wire is 500 for USD, 100 for EUR, 500 for CHF and GBP.
YouHodler withdrawal fees
|Bank wire (fiat)
|USD (SWIFT) – 5% (min 70 USD), EUR (SEPA) – 5 EUR, EUR (SWIFT) – 55 EUR, GBP/CHF – 0.15% (55 GBP / 55 CHF min)
|EUSDT / USDC / PAX / TUSD / DAI / HUSD
|1-50 depending on the network (in stablecoins)
YouHodler minimum withdraw by bank card is 2 USD / 2 EUR, by bank wire is 500 for USD, 50 for EUR, 500 for CHF and GBP. Minimum withdraw for stablecoins is 5 USD, while other coins is 5 to 50 USD. The crypto withdrawal fee doesn’t include a blockchain fee (miner’s reward) which can vary depending on the blockchain workload and capacity.
YouHodler loan fees
YouHodler minimum bitcoin loan amount is 100 USD. Some of the fees involved in YouHodler loans are:
|1% from the overdraft amount
|Interest fee + 1% service fee (from the borrowed amount)
|1.5% from the additional collateral
|1.5% from the increased amount
YouHodler referral / YouHodler affiliate: According to our Affiliate platform terminology, we don’t have referral links, we have affiliate tracking links. Nevertheless, the principle remains the same – an affiliate shares his affiliate tracking link with the potential customers, they register with it and the affiliate gets rewarded.
Is YouHodler legit? Is YouHodler safe?
YouHodler is a safe and legit company. It is regulated in EU and Switzerland. The company is part of Ledger Vault’s crime insurance program led by the Arch UK Lloyds of London that covers crypto-assets for up to $150 million. YouHodler is a member of the Blockchain Association, a self-regulatory organization and external dispute resolution provider that handles dispute resolution outside the YouHodler platform.
YouHodler is not the only company that offer crypto loans as well as interest on crypto deposits. Other companies in this space include:
Final thoughts on YouHodler review
YouHodler has successfully managed to make crypto-HODling an active and beneficial strategy. As an investor, you will now have access to an exclusive crypto saving account. This account not only benefits you from saving but also earns you weekly and annual interests. Thus, you can expand your portfolio if you wish. YouHodler provides an excellent tool for those who invest in bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies for the short and long-term, as well as those who want to obtain a loan using their cryptos as collateral.
Is YouHodler available in the US?
No, YouHodler is currently not available in the United States.
What is YouHodler bonus?
YouHodler bonuses program allows you to get additional bonuses from the platform by completing simple reward tasks and inviting your friends to the platform. You can earn up to $100 in prizes, along with all the friends that you invite.
What is YouHodler Turbocharge?
YouHodler Turbocharge is a feature that allows you to use your crypto as collateral to take out a loan in fiat currency. You can then use the borrowed fiat currency to buy more crypto.