Virtual cards have become a convenient and secure way to make online and in-store payments. Chime virtual card is a virtual card issued by Chime Bank that you can use to make online purchases. By using Chime virtual card, you prevent your credit card number and sensitive banking information from getting compromised.
Here, we will be looking at Chime virtual cards, how to get one, and how to use them to make online purchases.
What is Chime Virtual Card?
Chime virtual card is a temporary credit card number you can use to make online payments. It is a digital card that works almost the same way as a physical card. The card improves the security and privacy of your banking details while shopping online.
Does Chime Have a Virtual Card?
Yes. Chime Bank offers a virtual card that you can use the same way you would use a physical card. Chime Bank allows you to create and delete a virtual card when need be. You can use your Chime virtual card to make payments in-store and online where Visa payments are accepted.
How Does Chime Virtual Card Work?
Chime virtual card works almost the same way as a physical card only that in this case, Chime virtual card can be used to pay for online purchases. Chime virtual card is linked to your traditional account.
You can set a maximum spend limit on your Chime virtual card to avoid overspending. Besides, you can also limit your Chime virtual card to a single merchant to prevent your card from being used to make payments to other merchants.
How to Get Chime Virtual Card
If you have Chime physical card, then follow these simple steps to get Chime virtual card:
- Log in to your Chime account. Locate settings and search for “virtual credit card”
- Generate a virtual card number. You then need to generate a virtual card number and set whether you want a single merchant card or a multi-use virtual card with multiple merchants.
- Set Chime virtual card spending limits and expiration date. To avoid charges, you can set maximum spending limits and set your virtual card so that you can use it to make daily, weekly, or monthly payments only. You can also set the specific merchants the credit card can be used to pay.
- Create a virtual card number and delete it when you no longer need it. once you have created a virtual card and you no longer need it, it is advisable to delete it for enhanced security.
How to Use Chime Virtual Card
Now that you know it is possible to get Chime virtual card, it is also good to know how you can use that Chime virtual card. This is how to use Chime virtual card:
- Make in-store and online payments. You can use your Chime virtual card to pay for online and in-store purchases where Visa payments are accepted.
- Pay bills. You can also use your Chime virtual credit card to pay bills
- Make transfers. You can also use Chime virtual card to transfer money to Chime members or receive direct deposits.
Can I Withdraw Money Using Chime Virtual Card?
No. chime does not offer cardless ATM withdrawals. This means that you cannot withdraw money from Chime unless you have your debit card. As such, you cannot use Chime virtual card to withdraw money from an ATM.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Chime Virtual Credit Card
The following are some of the benefits of using a Chime virtual credit card:
- Your banking details are protected from getting compromised
- Gives you control over your spending by setting limits on your virtual card
- You can close your account while your main credit card account is still open
The following are some of the drawbacks associated with the Chime virtual credit card:
- You can’t verify your credit card information after using the card
- You can use a virtual credit card to withdraw money from an ATM
- It is challenging to get a refund for services or goods you bought using a virtual credit card
Does Chime Virtual Card Affect Credit Score?
No. Getting Chime virtual credit card does not affect your credit score at all. As long as you are paying for all your purchases, a virtual credit card shouldn’t hurt your credit score.
Alternatives to Chime Virtual Card
You can use the following virtual cards as an alternative to Chime virtual card:
Chime Virtual Card Review
Chime virtual card is a great way to protect your yourself from data breaches. It allows you to make online and in-store purchases without compromising the privacy of your banking details. This gives you the peace of mind you need to make purchases online without having to carry cash.