There are many people who want to know how to get a Dollar card in Nigeria. A virtual card is a non-physical card that is used for online payment but cannot be used to handle cash like cash withdrawals. A virtual dollar card works where Naira-denominated cards issued by Nigerian banks fail to work. Nigerian virtual dollar cards can be used to make online payments for services like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, AirBnB, Uber and ads on Facebook, Google, Instagram or Twitter.
One of the biggest problems facing Nigerians is how to make dollar payments online. Dollar card in Nigeria, for example, is essential for businesses that are involved in importation. With Naira cards, you will need a lot of cards to make purchases of over $100 a month as per central bank regulations. With a virtual dollar card, there is no maximum amount you can transact. This article will show you how to get a dollar card in Nigeria.
Best Virtual Dollar Card in Nigeria
There are several platforms that can help you create a virtual Dollar card in Nigeria. They include the following.
ALAT Virtual Dollar Card
ALAT is a virtual bank that is operated by a Nigerian commercial bank; Wema Bank. It started operating in 2017 and customers can access its services without having to visit the bank. ALAT app allows customers to access the banking features like free debit cards and savings accounts.
Alat virtual dollar card limit is $20,000. This is the maximum amount you can hold in your virtual dollar card.
How to Get Alat Virtual Dollar Card
To create ALAT virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Log in to ALAT through its mobile app or web
- From the main menu, select “Cards”
- Then click ALAT Dollar CARD
- Then select “Create a New Card”
- Enter your personal details
ALAT virtual dollar card rate: As with physical bank cards, you are charged a small fee for payments made with your virtual card. You will also be charged a monthly card maintenance fee of 525 naira on each card created after your first virtual card.
Alat virtual dollar card limit is N500,000. This means that Alat virtual card balance should not exceed N500,000. Make sure to move your money to your primary account before you block your virtual card in case you intend to block it.
Alat virtual dollar card fund limit is $20,000. This means the maximum amount you can fund to your Alat virtual dollar card is $20,000.
You can also get Alat virtual naira card. Alat virtual naira card is an alternative to a physical debit card that you can use to make online payments. It is a prepaid card that you can use to make pay bills and make online purchases. It can be used to make payments where Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
Barter Virtual Dollar Card
Barter dollar card is a product by Flutterwave, which allows users to send and receive money worldwide. You can also use it as a virtual dollar card and use it to pay bills anywhere across the world.
How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card on Barter
This is how you can create Barter dollar card in Nigeria using Barter app.
- Download the Barter mobile app
- Sign up by entering your personal details
- Verify your account
- Load money to your Barter Account
- Tap “Create new card”
- Select either a multi-functional card or a platform-specific card
- Load money into your dollar card
Barter dollar card limit: The limit on your dollar virtual card is USD20,000 daily and the current limit per transaction is USD20,000.
Eyowo Virtual Dollar Card
Eyowo is an online platform that you can use to create a virtual dollar card in Nigeria. You can fund your Eyowo dollar card with a minimum of $1. It is convenient for small and medium businesses. It’s free to create Eyowo virtual dollar card. However, your next virtual dollar cards will be charged at $0.50.
What is Eyowo virtual dollar card limit? Eyowo virtual dollar card does not have a maximum funding limit.
How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card on Eyowo
To create an Eyowo virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Visit Eyowo website or download Eyowo app from Google Play
- Click register and enter your phone number
- Enter your personal details including your BVN
- Then from the dashboard, select Eyowo dollar Cards
- Enter the name you want to use for the dollar card
- Enter the amount you want to fund your virtual dollar card
- Then click “Create Card”
How to Apply for Eyowo Loan
Eyowo users can borrow money or take loans from the platform at no interest rate. Your eligibility is determined by how frequently you transact.
- Login to your account
- At the bottom un the right-hand corner, tap “More”
- Select “Borrow Money (no interest)”
- You will see if you are eligible or not
FXKudi Virtual Dollar Card
FXKudi is a platform that provides virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. It is free to send and receive money to and from across the world.
How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card on FXKudi
To create a FXKudi virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Visit FXKudi website or download their app
- Sign up for an account and verify your email
- Update your personal information in the account
- Fund your account
- Then create a virtual dollar card
Wallet Africa Virtual Dollar Card
Wallet Africa is a virtual dollar card and current account provider for small and medium enterprises. Wallet Africa app that has several features like virtual and credit cards. You are allowed to fund any of your cards with up to $10,000 and $1 minimum balance. You can create up to 5 dollar virtual card for free. Wallet Africa is one of the cheapest virtual dollar card in Nigeria.
How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card on Wallet Africa
To create a Wallet Africa virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Download the Wallet app and sign up for an account
- Tap on “Cards” and then select “Create your Card”
- Enter your details
- Fund your dollar card
Eversend Virtual Dollar Card
Eversend is a mobile bank that provides currency exchange, saving accounts and money transfer services across the world. Eversend virtual card enables users to make payments in US dollar.
How to Create a Virtual Dollar Card on Eversend
To create Eversend virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Log in to the Eversend mobile app
- At the bottom of the homepage, tap Cards
- Then select Create New Card
- Enter the amount you want to hold in the card. The minimum is $5
- Enter PIN and then fund the card
Kuda Virtual Dollar Card
Kuda Virtual Dollar Card is a kind of digital payment card offered by Kuda Bank. Kuda is a Nigerian digital bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. You can access Kuda Virtual dollar card through a mobile app. You can use the card to send and receive money in US dollars.
You can fund your Kuda virtual dollar card using Kuda bank account or any other supported payment method. You can then use the funds in your Kuda virtual dollar account to make online transactions. Besides, you can check your card balance using Kuda Bank app.
What is Kuda virtual dollar card limit? Kuda virtual dollar card allows users to make purchases of up to $25,000 monthly. It is one of the best virtual cards in Nigeria.
How to Create Kuda Virtual Dollar Card
To create Kuda virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Open the Kuda app
- Tap Cad on the menu at the bottom of your screen
- Tap “Get a virtual card”
- Confirm your transaction PIN, fingerprint or Face ID
- Create a PIN for your virtual card
- Then tap Okay
Bitnob Virtual Dollar Card
You can now create a virtual dollar card on Bitnob. You can then use the virtual dollar card to shop online from any store. You can also use it to pay for services such as Netflix, YouTube Premium, Spotify, and many others.
Bitnob virtual dollar card limits are a minimum top-up amount of $5 and a maximum top-up amount of $250 while you can fund your virtual card with up to $10,000.
How to Create Bitnob Virtual Dollar Card
To create Bitnob virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Tap on “Cards” on the homepage of your Bitnob app
- Click on “Create MasterCard”
- Complete your KYC
- Give a name to your card
- Enter the amount you want to fund your dollar account
- Confirm your transaction PIN
Benefits of Virtual Dollar Card
- Secures your banking details. With a dollar virtual dollar card in Nigeria, you do not need to provide merchants with your banking details when making payments. Your banking details are not accessible by banking details.
- Limit your spending. A virtual dollar card helps users to set amounts they want to spend. This helps people to manage their spending. The spending limit can be changed.
- Accepted globally. You can use the virtual dollar card to make payments across the world. It also makes it easy for businesses dealing with exports to pay overseas importers.
Downsides of Virtual Dollar Card
- Temporary. Virtual dollar cards normally last for one year.
- Cannot be used for physical verification.
- Not many small businesses accept virtual dollar cards.