A virtual card is a non-physical card that is used for online payment but cannot be used to handle cash like cash withdrawals. A virtual dollar card works where Naira-denominated cards issued by Nigerian banks fail to work. These cards can be used to make payments for services like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, AirBnB, Uber and ads on Facebook, Google, Instagram or Twitter.
One of the biggest problems facing Nigerians is how to make dollar payments online. Dollar card in Nigeria, for example, is essential for businesses that are involved in importation. It is because you will need a lot of credit cards to make purchases of over $100 a month. With a virtual dollar card, there is no maximum amount you can transact. This article will show you how to get a dollar card in Nigeria.
There are several platforms that can help you create a virtual Dollar card in Nigeria. They include the following.
ALAT is a virtual bank that is operated by a Nigerian commercial bank; Wema Bank. It started operating in 2017 and customers can access its services without having to visit the bank. ALAT app allows customers to access the banking features like free debit cards and savings accounts.
To create ALAT virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Log in to ALAT through its mobile app or web
- From the main menu, select “Cards”
- Then click ALAT Dollar CARD
- Then select “Create a New Card”
- Enter your personal details
ALAT virtual dollar card rate: As with physical bank cards, you are charged a small fee for payments made with your virtual card. You will also be charged a monthly card maintenance fee of 525 naira on each card created after your first virtual card.
Barter dollar card is a product by Flutterwave, which allows users to send and receive money worldwide. You can also use it as a virtual dollar card and use it to pay bills anywhere across the world.
This is how you can create Barter dollar card in Nigeria using Barter app.
- Download the Barter mobile app
- Sign up by entering your personal details
- Verify your account
- Load money to your Barter Account
- Tap “Create new card”
- Select either a multi-functional card or a platform-specific card
- Load money into your dollar card
Barter dollar card limit: The limit on your dollar virtual card is USD20,000 daily and the current limit per transaction is USD20,000.
Eyowois an online platform that you can use to create a virtual dollar card in Nigeria. You can fund your Eyowo dollar card with a minimum of $1. It is convenient for small and medium businesses. It’s free to create Eyowo virtual dollar card. However, your next virtual dollar cards will be charged at $0.50.
To create an Eyowo virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Visit Eyowo website or download Eyowo app from Google Play
- Click register and enter your phone number
- Enter your personal details including your BVN
- Then from the dashboard, select Eyowo dollar Cards
- Enter the name you want to use for the dollar card
- Enter the amount you want to fund your virtual dollar card
- Then click “Create Card”
FXKudi is a platform that provides virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. It is free to send and receive money to and from across the world.
To create a FXKudi virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Visit FXKudi website or download their app
- Sign up for an account and verify your email
- Update your personal information in the account
- Fund your account
- Then create a virtual dollar card
Wallet Africa is a virtual dollar card and current account provider for small and medium enterprises. Wallet Africa app that has several features like virtual and credit cards. You are allowed to fund any of your cards with up to $10,000 and $1 minimum balance. You can create up to 5 dollar virtual card for free.
To create a Wallet Africa virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Download the Wallet app and sign up for an account
- Tap on “Cards” and then select “Create your Card”
- Enter your details
- Fund your dollar card
Eversend is a mobile bank that provides currency exchange, saving accounts and money transfer services across the world. Eversend virtual card enables users to make payments in US dollar.
To create Eversend virtual dollar card in Nigeria:
- Log in to the Eversend mobile app
- At the bottom of the homepage, tap Cards
- Then select Create New Card
- Enter the amount you want to hold in the card. The minimum is $5
- Enter PIN and then fund the card
- Secures your banking details. With a virtual dollar card, you do not need to provide merchants with your banking details when making payments. Your banking details are not accessible by banking details.
- Limit your spending. A virtual dollar card helps users to set amounts they want to spend. This helps people to manage their spending. The spending limit can be changed.
- Accepted globally. You can use the virtual dollar card to make payments across the world. It also makes it easy for businesses dealing with exports to pay overseas importers.
- Temporary. Virtual dollar cards normally last for one year.
- Cannot be used for physical verification.
- Not many small businesses accept virtual dollar cards.